Pic shown above isWira 1.8 EXi DOHC
New car price during that time was around RM80K-85K (plus minus accessories)
The 'uniqueness' of LE was :-
1. Full set of factory fitted Recaro Seat (custom fabric by Proton), internal door panel (same fabric use as seat) plus Momo steering and gear knob.
2. Unique rear spoiler (we call it 'Tiang Gol' as in 'Goal Pillar' in Malay but this is an optional accessories)
3. The one and only Step 0 (un-rechip-able) MMC ECU custom for this car/engine, no speedcut
4. Running on Co2 adjuster instead of o2 sensor *(down side is not so environment friendly but in term of power its much more agreesive than those running on o2 sensor
5. Engine parts were majority from Mitsubishi.
6. Unique F5M222VRXE gearbox (best gear ratio to match the engine power output
7. 4 round disc brake with ABS control (sorry no ACD/AYC)
8. Projector type fog light.
9. 14" AAC rim made by BBS
10. Only come in Marjaco Black color
'symbol' of LE is twin tip exhaust, plus tiang gol.
Chasis is 'stiffer' compare to 1.3/1.5 and 1.6. Lower arm, obsorber all thicker but its compatible to 1.3/1.5 and 1.6
After Wira LE discontinued, the same spec was stil use in Putra till 1st batch of SGTi..than the re-launch Putra in year 2000 (4000 or 4500 units) already with Lousy engine spec (o2, least agreesive ECU), interior standard only....
SGTi after 2001 would running on Siemens
The 'uniqueness' of RS LE :
1. Strip down version of interior (same like 1.3 where no Recaro, Momo, plus even no power windows probably rear only don't have)
Reason was told that they wanted the be as light as possible.
2. Running on Rally spec re-program settings ECU (still same ECU as LE)
3. 14" ROH rim made in Australia (lighter i think)
4. Only come in White color
Proton Saga Orion adapt Fiore tc Engine
Proton Iswara with 2L engine
Proton Wira 1.6L with DOHC engine
Somewhere in 1995, there was a 'special edition' of the wira with 2.5k units made for the homo docs to entry to rallying. One of the ex-mechanics who was with the team back then should be one of the car owners or maybe ex now. His name is Tajul who specialises in transmission and was the transmission specialist in the PERT crew mechanics.
Spesification of Iswara 2L engine which beat Evolution 3 :
2000CC DOHC 16 Valve Intercooler Turbo
Motec Engine Management system
FIA regulations restrict to 300 BHP
but PERT claim it was 337bhp/6800rpm
Permanent 4wd with center vicious coupling and F/R LSD
Single Plate AP racing clutch
6 Speed Sequential Gearbox
4 port AP racing calipers with cross drilled disc rotor
Body shell: Proton Iswara Converted to 4WD with Integral
multipoint roll cage and Heated laminated windscreen specially made by MSG.
80L bag type safety fuel tank.
Bilstien with Variable rate Springs and Liquid cooling system. Totally Fully Adjustable
6 Point Seat belt by Sabelt
Corbeau Race Seats
Rallymaster Trip Computer
source: Wiseautoclub, Forum.Cari